The first quarter of the year has ended and I think it is timely to look back and see where I am at with my new years resolutions.
TAKE BETTER CARE OF MYSELF
In this category, I thought the most important thing for me is to start moving again for me. As such, I did three things:
1) Bought a 10 pass to a yoga studio that is literally across the street from my work place and has noon time yoga. I bought the pass before my first class in over two years. After my first class, I hated it but stuck with it because I bought a pass and will not waste money. I think I know myself pretty darn well.
2) Started running and quickly realized that winter is not a great time to start but nonetheless, I bundled up and went out.
3) Played badminton for the first time in over 15 years. I played well but thought I was never going to move again.
Made no attempt to change my diet. I love fries and chips. Will try to dial that back a bit.
READ MORE BOOKS
Not huge accomplishments in this area as I can only read about 10 minutes at night before my eyes start to close on their own. I read three books so far:
1) Find Your Extraordinary: Dream Bigger, Live Happier, and Achieve Success on Your Own Terms by Jessica DiLuillo Herrin
2) Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building a Life-Changing Business by Romi Neustadt
3) The Happiness Equation: Want Nothing + Do Anything + Have Everything by Neil Pasricha
FEEL GUILTY LESS OFTEN
I did nothing in this category. Don't even know where to start on this. Will try to make this my priority for the next three months or at least put some thought into how to tackle this one.
BAKE A CAKE