Recently, I heard a saying that really stuck with me: Don’t live the same year as the last. This really got me thinking about how I can have a better year than the last, do greater things, and achieve more. The only answer I came up with is to plan ahead and set goals.Read More
A couple of months ago, I had the opportunity to have a staycation with my daughter for six days because her dayhome was closed for a month. My partner and I had to alternate weeks to watch her so this was truly our only mommy and Gracie time together since...maternity leave. (Which she doesn't remember at all!)Read More
Going back to work after mat leave was tough for me for so many reasons:
1. I hated being away from Grace and guilty for having to do that;
2. Less hours in the day to do household things; and
3. Getting a healthy dinner on the table for Grace fast.Read More
What exactly does it mean to do it all? Does doing it all mean you are the perfect partner/wife/mom/person? Oh please! As moms, we all have a million of things to do in a short amount of time, that should have been done yesterday or last week, but is only being partially done now because we just found the time and the kids are in bed.Read More
I dreaded going back to work after mat leave. I hated:
1) The idea of leaving my baby with someone that will spend more time with her than me.
2) The fact that I need to work and it is nice to have money.
3) The guilty feeling for being away.
I. hated. every. thing.Read More